JULY 2021 UPDATE:
We continue to be opened, safely, throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, and practice strict protocols to help ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and the community. Those protocols include:
- Two visitors are allowed to enter our office. Our staff will provide mobility assistance to any patient who needs it.
- Masks are required for both patients and visitors.
- Screening of patients and staff for COVID-19 symptoms and risks
- Social distancing made possible by expansion of our waiting room to accommodate greater space for our patients in the waiting areas.
- Plexiglas guards for protection of staff and patients
- Appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for staff and patients
- Adhering to policies and protocols for thorough cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting of rooms/areas after each visit and at regular intervals during the day
- Offering Video Visit appointments to patients, when appropriate
We are currently open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. to both see patients directly in the office and provide direct care via telemedicine.
Video Visit appointments are still available as an option. Simply call us at (717) 826-9770 with questions or to schedule a virtual visit. To learn more about our Video Visit service, see below.
Thank you for your trust and the privilege to serve you. Please stay safe and well.
The physicians, nurse practitioners, and staff of Pulmonary Associates of Lancaster
What is Video Visit?
A Video Visit is a service delivery model that delivers healthcare services through a two-way, real-time interactive video-audio communication for the purpose of evaluation, diagnosis, consultation, or treatment.
During COVID-19, a Video Visit is meant to compliment and, in some cases, replace the need for face-to-face care allowing our patients to seek and receive needed care without coming into the physical office by leveraging commonly available technology.
What technology is used for a Video Visit?
We will be primarily using DOXY.ME for our Video Visits. This will require the use of a smartphone or computer. Our clinical staff will assist you with this technology prior to your visit.
Other technology platforms (Skype, Zoom, Apple FaceTime) may be used if necessary.
We will NOT conduct telemedicine visits using Facebook Live, Twitch, TikTok, or similar public-facing video communication applications.
How do I make a Video Visit appointment?
As always, our patients can reach out to our practice by calling our main telephone number – 717-826-9770 – or through the My Health portal where questions and issues will be addressed by our trained and knowledgeable clinical staff. As with any contact with our office, if physician care is required, you will be contacted by our staff to schedule either a Video Visit or office-based appointment.
These Video Visit encounters will be scheduled by our front desk scheduling staff. Our clinical team will contact you approximately 30 minutes prior to your Video visit and instruct you how to set up the visit on your smartphone or computer.